It happens almost every day. People compromise their integrity and make life-ruining decisions. They may be people we don’t know. They may be people we love or looked up to. Michael Vick abusing dogs. A governor deserting his post and disappearing for days – to see his mistress. There are so many examples.
I got a list of questions for personal accountability and I thought I’d share it. They’re questions to ask yourself to see if you’re living up to what you believe. These 15 came from a list of 48 originally.
- Have I spent adequate time in Bible study and prayer?
- Did the Bible live in me today?
- Am I enjoying prayer?
- Have I given priority time to my family?
- How do I spend my spare time?
- Am I a slave to dress, friends, work, or habits?
- Do I insist upon doing something about which my conscience is uneasy?
- Have I been with a woman/man anywhere this past week that might be seen as compromising?
- Have I been exposed to sexually alluring material or allowed my mind to entertain inappropriate thoughts about someone who is not my spouse this week?
- Have any of my financial dealings lacked integrity?
- Have I secretly wished for another’s misfortune so that I might excel?
- Have I damaged another person by my words, either behind their back or face-to-face?
- Is there anything that has dampened my zeal for Christ?
- Is Christ real to me?
- Have I been completely honest with myself?